The Volkswagen Racing Cup celebrates it’s 20th anniversary in 2020 and is widely regarded as the most exciting saloon car championship in the UK. 2020 sees the series move to an all-new package, supporting the Touring Car Trophy and TCR-UK series.
This brings with it greater attention at race meetings and allows teams to run both VW Racing cars and TCT/TCR cars at the same events.
Each year the championship has grown and 2019 was an even more successful year in the Championship’s history. With new cars, new teams and new drivers joining us and inviting novice drivers up to touring car drivers. 2020 will build this with numbers of 25 expected on the grids, with the goal to making the Volkswagen Racing Cup by far the most successful race championship in the UK.
- Great value racing with 14 races over 7 events
- Proven training ground for drivers with ambitions to compete in the world renowned British Touring Car and British GT Championships
- Live streaming and highlight coverage on TV
- ‘Slicks and wings’ racing – a great learning environment with a fantastic range of professional teams competing to bring drivers on as they head up their motorsport career ladder.
- Great new prizes for 2020 including the champion of the Volkswagen Cup who will receive a full TCT test, thanks to Maximum Motorsport.
2020 Season Calendar
Round 1 – Silverstone – 18-19 April
Round 2 – Croft – 6-7 June
Round 3 – Brands Hatch – 21st June
Round 4 – Oulton Park – 18th July
Round 5 – Snetterton 300 – 8-9 August
Round 6 – Thruxton 22-23 – August
Round 7 – Donington Park Nat – 17-18 October
Drive in the VW Racing Cup with Maximum Motorsport
Maximum Motorsport have cars available as an arrive and drive package at all rounds of the VW Racing Cup. We can also support your own race car if you would like to run in a race winning team.
If you would like to get involved in racing with Maximum Motorsport, please contact us.